27 Dec Field Note: Upcoming New Years Eve
Do you make resolutions? If you do, are you able to keep them? There are lots of stats that show most of us struggle to keep up with the diet, exercise or other results-focused resolutions we make every December 31.
Since embarking on this journey of pause, I haven’t really made any resolutions…so this year I’m going to try something different. Maybe you’ll join in…
- Set intentions for each month instead. This helps break down my big goals into bite size pieces that I won’t choke on. Focus on positivity and your life priorities. Is this around travel? Slowing down? Getting your filing done? Learning something new each month?
- Each week of each month, set goals that help me get to my monthly intention.
- Be kind to myself if I struggle to meet what I’ve expected myself to do…and then get going again.
- Every day find something (even if it’s small) that I did to contribute to my success…and to find gratitude. Every day.
- Review my monthly progress…celebrate it, adapt it &/or consider trashing it (if I find it’s not working at this time).
This is the perfect opportunity – 20/20 vision means you can see clearly ahead, and 20/20 hindsight means you can see clearly behind. So, as we turn the calendar into the year 2020…reflect, celebrate and find gratitude, & schedule some conscious pausing.
Share with us what your resolutions are going to be…we’d love to hear from you.
Happy New Year!
In the meantime, if you’re curious about taking a sabbatical and want to kickstart your process – we offer a $50 30-minute phone intro conversations that will help you get going. Email us at email@example.com to discover more.
Check out passionplanner.com for our post inspiration